Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Colorado Springs can bottom out your funds and put a big crunch on your finances.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around annually will probably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
How to find cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Colorado Springs
The most effective way to get discount Kia Soul EV insurance in Colorado Springs is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Colorado.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for tips to prevent high rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Soul EV coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
You have so many insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Soul EV has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Kia Soul EV. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Kia Soul EV insurance discounts in Colorado Springs
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current Soul EV insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Colorado Springs attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the premium cost.
Some companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you want local Colorado Springs agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the differences because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 591-6336 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to include multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective Kia Soul EV insurance can be purchased online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Kia Soul EV insurance auto insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
How to find cheaper quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Colorado Springs
The easiest way to save on car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Colorado.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Soul EV coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)