Trying to find cheaper insurance for a car in Colorado can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages on a and get the lowest price from both online companies and Colorado Springs agents.
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Comparing quotes for the lowest-priced insurance in Colorado Springs is not as confusing as people think. Drivers just have to use the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price over the internet.
Discounts for lower Colorado Springs insurance rates
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Data Collection Discounts – Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, save driver, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and theft prevention.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, membership and employees, air bags, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,468||$734||$122|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,730||$865||$144|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,768||$884||$147|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$1,684||$842||$140|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,730||$865||$144|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$1,546||$773||$129|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in your specific Colorado Springs location which can decrease or increase premiums greatly.
Low cost Colorado Springs insurance quotes
Finding cheap insurance quotes can be surprisingly simple. Just spend a little time comparing free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Informed drivers save more
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
Males pay higher premiums – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Costs can change based on your address – Having an address in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Colorado Springs?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Colorado Springs
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Colorado Springs agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
- Jeff Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 445-0070 – View Map
- Kevin Good – State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 599-8200 – View Map
- Bob Scofield – State Farm Insurance Agent
1923 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 578-1111 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 329-4441 – View Map
- O’Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 227-7100 – View Map
- Six and Geving Insurance Inc
3630 Sinton Rd # 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 590-9990 – View Map
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Ratings for Colorado car insurance companies
Finding a good quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Colorado Springs. The ranking information below could help you select which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Persistence will pay off
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable car insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
We covered a lot of information how to reduce car insurance premium rates online in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Steps to finding better rates for auto insurance in Colorado Springs
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)