The best way to find affordable quotes for Jeep Wrangler insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Colorado Springs. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Colorado Springs can save 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To find the best car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Learning a little about how rate quotes are calculated can help drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$226||$344||$396||$24||$118||$1,108||$92|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$226||$344||$496||$30||$148||$1,244||$104|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$226||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,204||$100|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$260||$344||$496||$30||$148||$1,278||$107|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$260||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,238||$103|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$260||$344||$496||$30||$148||$1,278||$107|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$260||$344||$496||$30||$148||$1,278||$107|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$260||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,238||$103|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$260||$440||$496||$30||$148||$1,374||$115|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$294||$440||$496||$30||$148||$1,408||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Jeep Wrangler insurance premiums for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Wrangler settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your Jeep vehicle
Even though Colorado Springs Wrangler insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jeep with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your Jeep and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
What is the best car insurance company in Colorado?
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Colorado. The ranking data listed below may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
Once you have received acceptable answers and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy whenever you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.