Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Mazda 6 insurance in Colorado Springs? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Mazda 6 in Colorado can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Mazda and obtain the lowest price either online or from Colorado Springs insurance agents.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft.
Liability insurance claims can be big – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are responsible for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Mazda 6 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger insurance companies afford a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare Mazda 6 rates in Colorado Springs to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers premiums – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
The higher your credit rating the lower your costs – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Mazda 6 by improving your rating.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Insurance losses for a Mazda 6 – Insurers use claims history to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Mazda 6 insurance in Colorado Springs is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information like whether or not you need a SR-22, the type of vehicles you drive, what you do for a living, and if you went to college. The data gets transmitted to many different companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Mazda 6
The price information shown next showcases estimates of insurance prices for Mazda 6 models. Having a better understanding of how rates are established can aid in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,090||$91|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,090||$91|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,090||$91|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,114||$93|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$362||$396||$24||$118||$1,114||$93|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can influence price quotes noticeably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Mazda 6 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 6 insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable rates on Mazda 6 insurance in Colorado Springs with these insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Colorado Springs auto insurance on their website.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, good student, accident-free, ease of repair, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, driver training, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, driver’s education, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, multiple policy, and good driver.
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are searching for a good Colorado Springs insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide you with price quotes.
- Lee Ann Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
3649 Star Ranch Rd – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 540-9520 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Ed Reed
202 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd k – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 540-8400 – View Map
- Jeff Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 445-0070 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 635-9557 – View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1555 – View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
Persistence pays off
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Mazda 6 insurance prices in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Discount Mazda 6 insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy cheaper Mazda 6 insurance in Colorado Springs
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Mazda 6 insurance in Colorado Springs is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)