Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop for coverage rates can help make the process easier.
Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced Toyota Prius Prime insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Colorado Springs is to know the trick most insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details like how much school you completed, your general credit rating, if you lease or own, and marital status. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Toyota Prius Prime now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Colorado. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Colorado Springs, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Colorado Springs?
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- American Family discounts include good student, Steer into Savings, good driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, driver training, and student driver.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, home ownership, and multi-car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, good student, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
If you need inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Toyota Prius Prime, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Toyota Prius Prime. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
What if I want to buy from local Colorado Springs insurance agencies?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they full-time agents?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Szeredy
6632 Delmonico Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80919 – (719) 268-0080 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-7557 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 570-0707 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80915 – (719) 591-4500 – View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1555 – View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 622-3079 – View Map
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Toyota Prius Prime.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like doctor visits, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/15 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Prius Prime to get cheaper collision coverage.