If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Colorado Springs is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Colorado.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these techniques. But Colorado drivers must understand the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Stress out and pay more – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as fire fighters, business owners, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Prices for men may be higher – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Car insurance claims cost money – Companies in Colorado generally give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Drive lots and pay more – The higher the miles on your BMW in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated X5 eDrive can cost quite a bit. Double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from different companies. The best way to compare BMW X5 eDrive insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice only provided by licensed Colorado Springs agents. However, consumers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps you find the best price. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Colorado. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW X5 eDrive, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your BMW for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, daytime running lights, multi-policy, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- Allstate includes discounts for 55 and retired, resident student, auto/life discount, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, drive less, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To find providers offering car insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click here.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you need to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 636-3336 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Colorado Springs independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 473-6262 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Smart shoppers get results
Cost effective BMW X5 eDrive insurance is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Colorado Springs auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)