Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay your insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in Colorado.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A study discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on car insurance in Colorado Springs is your goal, then learning a little about the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find a good deal for Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs is to realize car insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like the year, make and model of vehicles, your general credit rating, how you use your vehicles, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating information is instantly provided to all major companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Colorado Springs.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Smart Consumers Save on Insurance
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your premiums.
- Gender and auto insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Juke may be costing you higher rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Colorado give cheaper rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Married drivers get cheaper prices – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Better drivers pay less – Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Liability coverage risk factors – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Insurance loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles – Insurance companies use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Nissan Juke Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Juke in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Juke, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Nissan and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Juke more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Colorado Springs overpays as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.