The recommended way to save money on auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to compare prices regularly from providers in Colorado. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper LS 460 coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. As soon as you can, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates annually saved about $72 a month compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand almost all companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like your credit rating estimate, which vehicles you own, if you are currently licensed, and how you use your vehicles. Your rating data is then sent to multiple insurance providers and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Colorado Springs, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discount Colorado Springs car insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for signing up digitally online.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs car insurance but check with your company.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current LS 460 insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus LS 460 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good driver, age of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, good student, multi-car, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, distant student, teen driver, early shopping, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Check with each company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Data for Lexus LS 460 insurance
The premium table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Lexus LS 460 models. Having a better idea how policy rates are determined is important for you to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$768||$304||$18||$92||$1,580||$132|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$768||$304||$18||$92||$1,580||$132|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$398||$768||$304||$18||$92||$1,580||$132|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$768||$304||$18||$92||$1,580||$132|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$398||$768||$304||$18||$92||$1,580||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Colorado Springs location which can influence prices noticeably.
Lexus LS 460 insurance premiums by gender in Colorado Springs
The chart below shows the difference between Lexus LS 460 insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When do I need to get advice from an insurance agency?
Many people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Colorado Springs?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Colorado Springs agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- Progressive Insurance
12710 Voyager Pkwy – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 582-2759 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Szeredy
6632 Delmonico Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80919 – (719) 268-0080 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 570-0707 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to contact several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you price quotes.
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 599-9494 – View Map
- Six and Geving Insurance Inc
3630 Sinton Rd # 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 590-9990 – View Map
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lexus LS 460?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Lexus each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your LS 460 may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage.
Driving citations cost more than a fine – Having just one citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can raise Lexus LS 460 car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Costs are affected by your address – Having an address in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Lexus LS 460 historical loss data – Companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The data below shows the loss history for Lexus LS 460 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus LS 460 4dr 2WD||155||76||203||52|
|Lexus LS 460 4dr 4WD||207||102||239||62|
|Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 2WD||199|
|Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 4WD||251||324|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Colorado Springs, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your LS 460, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Lexus LS 460 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Colorado Springs is available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)