Would you prefer to buy low-cost Lexus IS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs? Do you get confused by the wide range of insurance sources in your area? Many other drivers are as well. You have such a large number of options that it can turn into a real challenge to find the best insurance rates for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Colorado Springs has lots to offer, but getting gouged by high insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to be able to afford adequate insurance coverage limits.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices are inclined to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved over $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Lexus IS 200t insurance is your objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can save time and money.
How to buy Lexus IS 200t insurance online
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best price. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you should also compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus IS 200t insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your IS 200t has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Colorado Springs Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Avoid tickets and save – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- The type of car you drive affects your costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on small economy passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- High coverage deductibles lower rates – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Occupation and insurance prices – Jobs like military personnel, architects, and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Insurance prices and driver gender – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- How your age affects premiums – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers have been known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Save a ton by getting discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
If you would like to view companies who offer online Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get free price quotes.
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 329-4441 – View Map
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
- O’Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 227-7100 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 528-6387 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Michael Hendrickson
24 S Weber St #135 – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 572-5938 – View Map
- State Farm Agent Scott Richter
5885 Stetson Hills Blvd #130 – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – (719) 591-2300 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Colorado Springs?
How much can you save?
Discount Lexus IS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
How to buy lower priced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Colorado Springs
Really, the only way to find lower priced Lexus IS 200t insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More information is available below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)