The preferred way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $850 each year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is your target objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Companies offering Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Colorado
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. To find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs car insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Range Rover insurance premium.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for cheaper rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, air bag, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, and ease of repair.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, air bags, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs. To find companies who offer cheap Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click here.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you price quote information.
- Progressive Insurance
12710 Voyager Pkwy – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 582-2759 – View Map
- Kevin Good – State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 599-8200 – View Map
- Brandon Sullivan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80915 – (719) 597-5000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 268-1300 – View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
What is the best car insurance company in Colorado?
Insuring your vehicle with the best car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Colorado. The information displayed below can help you pick which insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying your policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Range Rover resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Range Rover to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Land Rover Range Rover.
Since many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, falling objects, damage from flooding, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
More affordable car insurance in Colorado Springs is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When getting Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)