It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Kia Sportage insurance in Colorado Springs is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Colorado.
- First, read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Sportage insurance. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
A study showed that over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Colorado Springs can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Best companies for cheap Kia Sportage insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rate information and statistics
The data table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Kia Sportage models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are determined can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$182||$312||$330||$20||$98||$942||$79|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$182||$312||$330||$20||$98||$942||$79|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$208||$380||$330||$20||$98||$1,036||$86|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$208||$380||$330||$20||$98||$1,036||$86|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$208||$380||$330||$20||$98||$1,036||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Kia Sportage annual premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Sportage settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine your insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the items used by companies to determine premiums.
- Credit rating impact insurance rates – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Sportage by improving your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy properly reflects annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Sportage is just wasting money.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below is based on a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Kia Sportage car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
- Do you have enough liability? – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Location can affect price – Having an address in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers such as judges, executives, and dentists generally pay higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Sportage – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the loss history for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sportage Vehicles Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Colorado Springs can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- No Claim Discounts – Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Kia Sportage car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To view insurance companies with the best Kia Sportage insurance discounts in Colorado Springs in Colorado, follow this link.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
The difference between Colorado Springs car insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
If you receive good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
One last note
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Kia Sportage insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is available below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)