The preferred way to find affordable car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Colorado. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, read about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Sonic insurance. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare prices from local Colorado Springs car insurance companies. The best method to find cheaper rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will enable you to find the best offered rates. Not every company does Colorado Springs Sonic insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Sonic with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance in Colorado Springs
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Senior Discount – Seniors could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, multi-policy, driver training, membership and employees, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for location of vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, age of vehicle, good student, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, early bird, homeowners, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- Allstate offers discounts for utility vehicle, farm vehicle, safe driver, premier discount, FullPay discount, and teenSMART discount.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, follow this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 528-6387 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Be persistent and save
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When searching for cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)