How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more affordable insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Volvo V90 insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to find insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes on a Volvo and locate the best price possible from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to buy insurance from multiple carriers.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. To buy cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing Volvo vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Colorado Springs, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo V90, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
The Volvo V90 Insurance Price Equation
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies apply better rates to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. An improperly rated V90 may be costing you higher rates. Verify your policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Add-on coverages could be costing you – Policies have add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and term life insurance are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Volvo V90 is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Cheap Colorado Springs car insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies do not list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has savings for defensive driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, new vehicle, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, and early bird.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, and emergency road assistance.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, good student, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, distant student, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To locate providers who offer discounts in Colorado, click here.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Will my Volvo V90 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Colorado Springs should have no problem answering these questions:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Colorado Springs for you
When searching for a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents in Colorado Springs can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Steve Stiltner
4549 Austin Bluffs Pkwy – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 596-8812 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-4330 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 591-6336 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 599-9494 – View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 329-4441 – View Map
Best car insurance in Colorado Springs
Ending up with a highly-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Colorado Springs. The ranking information displayed below may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
How much can you save?
Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents. Discount Volvo V90 insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
Steps to finding discount Volvo V90 insurance in Colorado Springs
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Volvo V90 insurance in Colorado Springs is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Colorado. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View companies
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Immediately keep your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)