It’s amazing but almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Colorado Springs could pocket as much as $600 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Buick LaCrosse insurance in Colorado Springs is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Colorado. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help find cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Best companies for Buick LaCrosse insurance
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Buick LaCrosse insurance rate analysis
The coverage table displayed next highlights different prices for Buick LaCrosse models. Understanding how insurance rates are established helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$242||$426||$304||$18||$92||$1,082||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can change insurance rates substantially.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Buick LaCrosse auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Buick LaCrosse insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive formula to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Buick LaCrosse claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Affordable rates on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Colorado Springs with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up online.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Buick LaCrosse yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, good student, and student driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate insurers who offer free Buick LaCrosse insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents in Colorado Springs may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Below are Colorado Springs independent agents that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1884 – View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 622-3079 – View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm Agent Scott Richter
5885 Stetson Hills Blvd #130 – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – (719) 591-2300 – View Map
- Chris Sutherland – State Farm Insurance Agent
6130 Barnes Rd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80922 – (719) 598-8211 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 570-0707 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Colorado Springs?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
How to find a good Colorado Springs auto insurance company
Finding the top auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Colorado Springs. The company information in the lists below can help you decide which insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Lower-priced Buick LaCrosse insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)