Are you kicking yourself for buying an overpriced insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many people just like you.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare other rates will probably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved over $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Toyota Corolla iM insurance is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to find and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in Colorado
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurers do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Corolla iM insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Toyota Corolla iM insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, ease of repair, accident-free, good student, multi-car, type of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, anti-theft, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, defensive driver, driver training, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
If you are trying to find cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
What Determines Toyota Corolla iM Insurance Costs?
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Lower stress equals lower premiums – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Never let your insurance expire – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
- Add-on coverages may be wasting money – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your Corolla iM policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What is glass protection for?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Comparing prices from local Colorado Springs insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below are independent agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 473-6262 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Colorado Springs?
Best auto insurance in Colorado
Picking the right insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Colorado. The company ratings in the lists below may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Toyota Corolla iM insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Discount Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Colorado Springs can be found from both online companies in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
Steps to finding more affordable Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Colorado Springs
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper Toyota Corolla iM insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
Step 1: Learn about coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)