Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Colorado Springs. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to help prevent costly coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop rates annually will most likely buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance is the reason you’re here, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Nitro insurance in Colorado Springs is to know the fact most larger insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information like your job, if you’re married, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if you went to college. That rating data is automatically sent to all major companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower cheap Dodge Nitro insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Rates and other information
The rate table displayed below showcases different prices for Dodge Nitro models. Being aware of how prices are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$182||$312||$374||$22||$112||$1,002||$84|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$182||$312||$374||$22||$112||$1,002||$84|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$208||$312||$374||$22||$112||$1,028||$86|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$208||$312||$374||$22||$112||$1,028||$86|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$208||$312||$374||$22||$112||$1,028||$86|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$208||$380||$374||$22||$112||$1,096||$91|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$208||$380||$374||$22||$112||$1,096||$91|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$208||$380||$374||$22||$112||$1,096||$91|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$208||$380||$374||$22||$112||$1,096||$91|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$236||$380||$374||$22||$112||$1,124||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though Colorado Springs Nitro insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Nitro but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Nitro definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
What Determines Dodge Nitro Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Consolidate policies and save – Many insurance companies will award better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Dodge Nitro rates in Colorado Springs to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Do you really need to file those claims? – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Colorado provide discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Premiums are affected by your credit score – An insured’s credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Nitro by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What happens if I owe more than my Dodge Nitro is worth?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Colorado auto insurance companies
Ending up with the right car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Colorado Springs. The rank data listed below may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Dodge Nitro insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Some companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Dodge Nitro insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be read at these links:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)