To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to regularly compare prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Colorado.
First, get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to lower rates and find hidden discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Tiburon coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable Hyundai Tiburon insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
This article’s intent is to help educate you on how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you currently have insurance, you should be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Comparison shoppers only need to know the quickest way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
- Performance impacts premiums – The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Auto insurance rates and your vocation – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, police officers, and dentists generally have higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like scientists, students and homemakers pay the least.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Some auto insurance companies will give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other Colorado Springs Tiburon insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado give better rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Low credit score equals high prices – Your credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Tiburon by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Tiburon can cost quite a bit.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – Policies have add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Finding low cost Colorado Springs insurance quotes is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is take time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to waste gas driving to different Colorado Springs agent offices. Quoting Hyundai Tiburon insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the extra assistance that only an agent can give. Drivers can find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To get the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai Tiburon and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some auto insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better auto insurance rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, distant student, bundle discounts, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- AAA has discounts for good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, and education and occupation.
- USAA includes discounts for military installation, annual mileage, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and family discount.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available everywhere. To view providers that offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Colorado Springs agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-7557 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance can get complicated
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a Hyundai Tiburon?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheaper Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)