Do you want more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Colorado Springs? Are you irritated from wondering where the money will come from each month for auto insurance? Your situation is no different than many other vehicle owners in Colorado.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around annually will probably buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason for your visit, learning how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to find low-cost Ford Freestar insurance in Colorado Springs
The best way we recommend to get low-cost Ford Freestar insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices annually from companies in Colorado.
- First, read about how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover the details to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Big companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Finding the cheapest coverage in Colorado Springs is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But Colorado vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. To find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the quote a firm price?
When narrowing the list to find local Colorado Springs agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
The following are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-7557 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
Best car insurance in Colorado Springs
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Colorado. The company information in the next section may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%