The easiest way to get low-cost Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices once a year from providers in Colorado.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who rate shop once a year are inclined to move their business because there is a great chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. The intent of this article is to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process But Colorado car owners should learn how companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest companies for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If you want the best car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Where you live plays a part – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents. Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Cheaper rates using alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on small economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your C-Max Energi can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with certain companies.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current C-Max Energi insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give a small break for completing your application digitally online.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, new vehicle discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Savings might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Colorado Springs insurance agents?
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
The following is a list of insurance companies in Colorado Springs that may be willing to give rate quotes for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Allstate Insurance: Cally O’Donnell
3993 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 596-8800 – View Map
- Progressive Insurance
12710 Voyager Pkwy – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 582-2759 – View Map
- Peter Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
106 N Circle Drive – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 633-0300 – View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 528-1555 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Find cheaper auto insurance rates by comparing often
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, so you need to quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Ford C-Max Energi insurance prices in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)