It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Colorado Springs is your objective, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process more efficient.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Colorado.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
If you are insured now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process Although Colorado car owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell online.
The quickest way to compare rates for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Colorado Springs is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide details including driver details, level of coverage desired, the type of vehicles you drive, and distance driven. Those rating factors is then submitted to many different companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Mitsubishi Mirage now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Colorado. To get the best cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance More Affordably
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Poor driving leads to higher premiums – Just one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get flagrant citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your address can affect price – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- No car insurance claims equals cheaper prices – Insurance companies in Colorado award the best rates to people who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Poor credit rating equals high prices – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Mitsubishi Mirage by improving your rating.
- Does car insurance cost less for women? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mitsubishi scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Mitsubishi Mirage insurance loss probability – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mitsubishi Mirage Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi Mirage insurance, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mirage, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Colorado. The company rank data displayed below may help you select which providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%