It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Honda Ridgeline insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Colorado Springs.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to help reduce prices and find missing discounts.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Ridgeline coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
We don't have to point out that fact that insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who get price comparisons are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding lower prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your intention, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
Best companies for Honda Ridgeline insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Analysis of Honda Ridgeline rates
The premium information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Honda Ridgeline models. Learning how insurance policy rates are figured can be useful when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$294||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$330||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,416||$118|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$330||$630||$404||$24||$122||$1,510||$126|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$330||$630||$404||$24||$122||$1,510||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify prices considerably.
Car insurance rates based on gender in Colorado Springs
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Ridgeline insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Ridgeline auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn't a written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Ridgeline book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices - Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Marriage is a factor - Getting married helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Better prices for continuous car insurance coverage - Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Honda Ridgeline is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Get discounts on Colorado Springs car insurance
Some providers don't necessarily list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Ridgeline can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, you're out of luck.
The diagram below compares Honda Ridgeline insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
To choose insurers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
When researching a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both can handle insurance, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it may influence your agent selection.
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below are Colorado Springs exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 636-3336 - View Map
- John Youngdahl - State Farm Insurance Agent
600 N Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 475-8787 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-4330 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below are Colorado Springs independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1884 - View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 635-9720 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable rates
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Honda Ridgeline insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Affordable Honda Ridgeline insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)