Are you at wits end from sacrificing to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as many other people in Colorado.
Unbelievable but true, most car insurance policyholders in Colorado have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in the U.S. can save roughly 47% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
People have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Colorado Springs.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices periodically because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can search a lot of G8 insurance on the web, but you can learn the easiest ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
Best Pontiac G8 insurance rate quotes in Colorado
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower Your Colorado Springs Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the things companies use to determine your prices.
Reduce prices by driving safer vehicles - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Pontiac has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Pay more by driving carelessly - Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Drivers with responsible credit save - An insured's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac G8 by improving your credit score.
Younger drivers pay higher premiums - Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
Your stress level may be raising your prices - Jobs like fire fighters, social workers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other professions such as actors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
Minor frequent claims are not good - Companies in Colorado award better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
Cheap Colorado Springs car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs car insurance quote as compared to bad drivers.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable data collection to analyze driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies give discounts for switching companies before your current G8 insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available in Colorado Springs.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance - Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 528-6387 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What are good deductibles for a Pontiac G8?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Some companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Colorado Springs
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An essential thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)