Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Colorado could save an average of approximately 35% each year, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Colorado.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a low credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more ideas to get affordable coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheap Colorado Springs car insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose companies with significant discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
What Determines Lexus LS 600h L Insurance Prices?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Stay claim-free and save - If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Single drivers take more risk - Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Eliminate unneeded extra coverages - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Safer vehicles means cheaper insurance - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
Buy as much liability protection as you can afford - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates - Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning why they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to companies you've never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Six and Geving Insurance Inc
3630 Sinton Rd # 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 590-9990 - View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 635-9720 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 593-9916 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Szeredy
6632 Delmonico Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-0080 - View Map
- Ross Silva Agency - American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-2800 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Once you have acceptable answers to all your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance. It's important to know that you can cancel your coverage for any reason so never feel that you are obligated to your new company for a certain time period.
Ratings for Colorado car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Colorado Springs. The company ratings in the lists below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance - 95%
- USAA - 94%
- AAA Insurance - 91%
- State Farm - 90%
- Nationwide - 90%
- The Hartford - 89%
- GEICO - 89%
- The General - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- Liberty Mutual - 88%
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Quote more and you will save more
When shopping online for car insurance, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some car insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Low-cost Lexus LS 600h L insurance in Colorado Springs is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just learned some good ideas how you can lower your Lexus LS 600h L insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Lexus LS 600h L rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)