Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Colorado could save $600 a year by just comparing quotes, but they won't spend time to go online and compare rates.
Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for the details to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Lexus CT 200h Insurance Cost Factors
It's important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Do you know you're credit rating? - A driver's credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Lexus CT 200h if you improve your credit rating.
Small coverages can add up - There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your CT 200h policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Do men or women drive better? - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. Females and males are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Keep the miles off and save - The more you drive in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated CT 200h is throwing money out the window.
More stress means more cost - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, engineers and performers get better rates.
Claims statistics for a Lexus CT 200h - Car insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Lexus CT 200h vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus CT 200h Hybrid 4dr||128||92||140||97||114||96|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all available discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Distant Student - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- No Claim Discounts - Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Colorado Springs may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount will reduce your overall bill.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including good student, FullPay discount, multi-policy, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, new car, and safe driver.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, business or organization, anti-theft, easy pay, and family plan.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Colorado Springs agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Colorado Springs are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give you pricing information.
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1884 - View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
- Larry Lucero - State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 599-8661 - View Map
- Tom Harbert - State Farm Insurance Agent
8027 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 594-4500 - View Map
- Aileen Baldwin - State Farm Insurance Agent
540 W Garden of the Gods Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 599-9044 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
When do I need an agent's advice?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Colorado?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
We've covered a lot of techniques to shop for Lexus CT 200h insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)