The most effective way to quote cheaper Jaguar X-Type insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Colorado.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Don't forget to keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved an average of $72 a month compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is the reason you're here, then having some insight into how to shop for car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Free Colorado Springs Jaguar X-Type insurance price quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Colorado. The easiest way by far to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison. It's important to know that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Jaguar X-Type insurance, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jaguar, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Jaguar for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your Jaguar and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable rates by earning discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs car insurance depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, professional/association, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, good student, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, good student, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in Colorado Springs.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurer that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. But remember, policyholders can terminate your policy at any point so never feel you're contractually obligated to any specific company for the full policy term.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jaguar X-Type?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Lower rates by being persistent
Low-cost Jaguar X-Type insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased both online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
When searching for affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)