To save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Colorado.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for tips to help keep rates affordable and earn larger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View prices
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Veloster insurance in Colorado Springs. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around will most likely move their business because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved an average of $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Colorado Springs is your objective, knowing how to shop and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
Components of Your Hyundai Veloster Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
More people means more accidents – Residing in areas with lower population can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Eliminate incidental coverages – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Your liability coverage limits – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Insurance losses for a Hyundai Veloster – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Hyundai Veloster vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Veloster Turbo||116||87||104||98||89||101|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower premiums on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Colorado Springs
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Colorado Springs can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when getting a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better insurance rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, driver training, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, good student, multiple autos, good driver, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for annual mileage, good driver, age of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, air bags, good student, teen driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Allstate has savings for teenSMART discount, utility vehicle, premier discount, economy car, anti-lock brakes, and eSmart discount.
When quoting, ask every company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply in your state. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Colorado car insurance companies ranked
Finding the top auto insurance company is hard considering how many choices you have in Colorado Springs. The company rank data displayed below may help you decide which companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
More effort can pay off
Affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)