It’s shocking but almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Colorado Springs can save about $600 each year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The recommended way to find better pricing on Ford Ranger insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Colorado Springs.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Ranger coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
The intent of this article is to help you learn the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. But Colorado vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Ranger insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- American Family discounts include early bird, bundled insurance, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, theft prevention, teen driver, driver training, defensive driver, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, continuous insurance, driver training, IntelliDrive, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, driver training, military active duty, and air bags.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view providers who offer free Ford Ranger insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click here.
There are several ways of comparing rates from many different Colorado insurance companies. The fastest way to lower the rate you pay for Ford Ranger insurance consists of shopping online.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to different agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps you find more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Colorado Springs Ranger insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Ranger insurance rates and statistics
The data table shown next outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Ford Ranger models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$140||$312||$396||$24||$118||$990||$83|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$166||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,016||$85|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$166||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,016||$85|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$166||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,016||$85|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$166||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,016||$85|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$166||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can modify premiums noticeably.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below compares Ford Ranger insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Ranger replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford Ranger?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Colorado Springs may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
Larry Lucero – State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 599-8661 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-4330 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Colorado Springs?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Which auto insurance company is best in Colorado?
Ending up with a highly-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Colorado Springs. The company rank data in the next section can help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to find lower-cost Ford Ranger insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Ranger insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
When getting Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)