If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado Springs. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who perform rate comparisons are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved $72 a month compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Colorado Springs is easy if you know what you’re doing. Comparison shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Most of the larger companies give coverage prices on their websites. The process is possible for anyone as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system sends out for your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors. The ability to get online quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Colorado Springs simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best possible rates on insurance.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Colorado. To locate the best auto insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Colorado Springs, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Spark EV has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Lower-cost Colorado Springs auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower auto insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Online Discount – Some auto insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. To locate providers with the best Chevy Spark EV insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.