Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Colorado drivers could save as much as $605 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost Chevy Cavalier insurance in Colorado Springs is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Colorado. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides the details to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Shopping for the cheapest car insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is not that difficult. Basically, every car owner who carries car insurance will probably find a lower price. But Colorado car owners must understand how the larger insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
Companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Colorado Springs. To view car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado Springs, click here.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Colorado Springs is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information like if you are currently licensed, any included safety features, daily mileage, and how much education you have. Those rating factors is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. In order to find cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Chevy Cavalier Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The following are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of insurance companies give a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Inexperience drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
Can a thief steal your car? – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my Chevy Cavalier covered for flood damage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cavalier has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance in Colorado
Choosing the top auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking data listed below can help you select which coverage providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest Chevy Cavalier insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)