We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who rate shop once a year will probably buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Captiva Sport insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in Colorado Springs.
Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Captiva Sport coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs auto insurance quote when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driver class may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Captiva Sport insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, automatic seat belts, teen driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, early bird, and student driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Esurance discounts include emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, online quote, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado, click here.
Keep in mind that more quotes helps locate better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide Colorado Springs Captiva Sport insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Colorado Springs can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 635-9557 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 329-4441 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quotes.
- Carlos Gonzalez, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
1710 S Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80910 – (719) 900-7431 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 477-1636 – View Map
- Kevin Good – State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 – Colorado Springs, CO 80921 – (719) 599-8200 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just read many ways to shop for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Chevy Captiva Sport insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)