A study showed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Colorado Springs could save 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
The most effective way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get better rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using this information. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheap Colorado Springs car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount they offer very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from Colorado Springs attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Sky insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sky insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get lower premium rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, accident-free, air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, driver’s education, multiple policy, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, student driver, driver training, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for continuous insurance, driver training, save driver, multi-car, and early quote.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, and driver training.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Three good reasons to insure your Sky
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sky, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Saturn for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Saturn Sky and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Ratings for Colorado car insurance companies
Finding a high-quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Colorado. The company information listed below may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
When to get professional advice
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a Saturn Sky?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents near you
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 593-9916 – View Map
- John Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
1614 Academy Blvd N b – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 596-1414 – View Map
- Tom Harbert – State Farm Insurance Agent
8027 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 594-4500 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 329-4441 – View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 268-1300 – View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 473-6262 – View Map
After you get positive responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can properly service your auto insurance policy.