We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare price quotes will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
The preferred way to get budget Jaguar XF insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more details to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Companies offering affordable Jaguar XF price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. To get cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The price information displayed next outlines different insurance policy prices for Jaguar XF models. Learning more about how policy premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$340||$696||$474||$28||$142||$1,680||$140|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$340||$696||$474||$28||$142||$1,680||$140|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$372||$778||$474||$28||$142||$1,794||$150|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$402||$858||$474||$28||$142||$1,904||$159|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can revise insurance rates considerably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Jaguar XF insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below compares Jaguar XF auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XF settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Take policy discounts and save on Jaguar XF insurance in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XF annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, good student, and air bags.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, home ownership, save driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, pay in full, multi-car, distant student, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Switch & Save, safety device, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, multi-car, location of vehicle, annual mileage, ease of repair, good student, and type of vehicle.
If you want inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Mature drivers are lower risk – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married may earn you lower rates on insurance. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Jaguar XF insurance loss probability – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jaguar XF vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XF Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD 169 101 191 98 Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD 206 83 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Jaguar XF?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Who is covered when they drive my Jaguar XF?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Colorado Springs, get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
If you want to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-7557 – View Map
- Carlos Gonzalez, Jr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
1710 S Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80910 – (719) 900-7431 – View Map
- State Farm: Dan Lewis
1867 S Academy Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80916 – (719) 434-3944 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Colorado Springs independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 – Colorado Springs, CO 80917 – (719) 574-0082 – View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
Colorado auto insurance company ratings
Picking a high-quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Colorado Springs. The rank data displayed below may help you select which auto insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Quote often and quote early
Cheap Jaguar XF insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased on the web and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Jaguar XF insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)