The most effective way to get more affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Colorado Springs. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional ideas to get lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
We don't have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving money on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Colorado Springs is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
Comparing rates for the most affordable insurance coverage in Colorado Springs can be fairly easy. If you are already insured or just want to save money, follow these tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to compare insurance rates instantly.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
These ten discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Aspen insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your policy cost.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly married, and exclusive group savings.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, driver's education, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, safe driver, mature driver, and air bags.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, good student, anti-theft, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and drive less.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Colorado Springs independent agents that can give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chrysler Aspen and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, court costs and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Aspen.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and fire damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Aspen to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, pain medications, surgery and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheap coverage is out there
When getting Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Chrysler Aspen insurance in Colorado Springs is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce Chrysler Aspen insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)