Finding affordable Colorado Springs Chevy Volt insurance quotes is rather challenging for beginners to shopping for insurance on the web. With so many insurance agents and online companies, how are consumers able to have the ability to compare every insurance company to find the lowest rates?
Statistics show that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in the U.S. could save approximately $860 a year, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable insurance rates.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Shopping for cheaper insurance policy in Colorado Springs is not as difficult as people think. But Colorado vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Colorado Springs Volt insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado. To buy the cheapest car insurance in CO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Colorado Springs Volt insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Volt, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates on Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado Springs with these eight auto insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Data Collection Discounts – Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, good student, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, continuous insurance, driver training, student away at school, multi-car, save driver, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, and driver training.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in Colorado Springs. To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local Colorado Springs insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long have they been in business?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Colorado Springs for you
If you want a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bob Hawkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 – Colorado Springs, CO 80920 – (719) 418-3377 – View Map
- Peter Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
106 N Circle Drive – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 633-0300 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 593-9916 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 622-3079 – View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 635-9557 – View Map
- O’Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 227-7100 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What is glass protection for?
Colorado car insurance companies ranked
Picking a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Colorado. The ranking data in the next section may help you analyze which insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Volt
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Volt resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Volt in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, court costs, medical expenses, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
As you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, so you need to shop Colorado Springs auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado Springs
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Colorado Springs. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)