Shocking but true, the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could pocket 35% a year, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Audi S8 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is much easier if you have a good place to start. Shoppers only need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
Save money by getting discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Audi could earn substantially lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, multi-car, and drive less.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, daytime running lights, defensive driver, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, and bundle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Colorado, click this link.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Audi S8 insurance in Colorado Springs is to realize almost all companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if a SR-22 is required, types of safety features, the type of vehicles you drive, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To compare cheaper Audi S8 insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Colorado Springs.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give rate quotes.
Ross Silva Agency – American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-2800 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
After receiving answers to your satisfaction as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Quote. Compare. Save.
More affordable auto insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Audi S8 insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)