Unthinkable but true, most drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Colorado could save nearly 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Kia Spectra insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Colorado Springs. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for tips to help keep rates affordable and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
These tips will let you in on how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Consumers just need to know the proper methods to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
How to buy Colorado Springs Kia Spectra insurance online
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Colorado. To buy cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Colorado Springs Spectra insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Kia. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Colorado Springs
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Save over 55 – Seniors can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs car insurance depending on your company.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, student driver, 55 and older, air bags, and theft prevention.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-car, payment discounts, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, IntelliDrive, and new car.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
After getting satisfactory answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Kia Spectra insurance car insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)