Would you like to save money by finding more competitive BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Colorado Springs? No one in their right mind looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason you’re reading this, learning how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
How to find low-cost rates for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Colorado Springs
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for BMW Alpina B7 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more information to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once received, place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Lots of car insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest rate possible on BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Colorado Springs.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some providers don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, early shopping, good student, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, driver training, good student, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, group or association, mature driver, safe vehicle, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- USAA may include discounts for new vehicle, defensive driver, driver training, safe driver, annual mileage, vehicle storage, and multi-policy.
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Colorado, click here to view.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get prices on the web. Comparing prices online for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Colorado Springs is pretty easy as you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step if you want to get the most affordable premium on car insurance.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will receive rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Colorado. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower rates.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males cause the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft.
More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurance companies afford a discount to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Liability coverage is cheap – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Colorado Springs insurance agency
Many people would rather talk to a local agent. Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
Larry Lucero – State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 599-8661 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Colorado Springs independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
After you get positive responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage. It’s important to know that it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy when you choose so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company for the entire policy term.
Three good reasons to insure your BMW vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Alpina B7 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your BMW Alpina B7 but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
When searching for low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how to compare BMW Alpina B7 insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest BMW Alpina B7 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to buying lower priced BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Colorado Springs
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Colorado Springs is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Colorado.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)