To save the most money, the best way to get budget Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Colorado Springs is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Colorado.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that increase rates such as careless driving and bad credit can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional ideas to find cheap prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around annually will presumably switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is your objective, learning the best ways to shop for insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies early. It could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 shop Colorado Springs car insurance on the web.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, pay in full, bundle discounts, mature driver, and teen driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, air bags, driver training, and seat belt use.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, good student, easy pay, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state.
Finding a lower price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is pretty simple and can save money. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, takes the place of having to drive around to different Colorado Springs agent offices. The ability to quote Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the extra assistance only provided by licensed Colorado Springs agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
By using this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When finding a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-4330 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Colorado Springs?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just presented many ideas to lower your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)