If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Matrix coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sad but true, over 70% of Colorado drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in the United States could save approximately 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Colorado Springs Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- High comp and collision deductibles lower premiums - The deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as lawyers, police officers, and dentists are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- How much liability protection - Liability insurance will provide protection if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Matrix premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums - The more miles you rack up on your Toyota annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Matrix may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table displayed next showcases a range of insurance rates for Toyota Matrix models. Learning a little about how premiums are established is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Matrix S 2WD||$200||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Matrix S AWD||$200||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Matrix XRS 2WD||$200||$400||$362||$22||$108||$1,092||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Colorado Springs location which can increase or decrease insurance rates significantly.
Colorado Springs auto insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Resident Student - Children who are attending college and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Colorado Springs can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Matrix insurance costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including automatic seat belts, defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, driver training, and early bird.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, good driver, and multiple autos.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, good driver, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, new graduate, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Toyota Matrix insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered in Colorado Springs. For a list of companies who offer online Toyota Matrix insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Don't give up on affordable coverage
Low-cost Toyota Matrix insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)