It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $1,813, Colorado drivers could pocket approximately 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- First, try to comprehend car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to get affordable coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Buying affordable insurance in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates without reducing protection. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Cheapest Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. To find cheap car insurance in CO, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota with a loan, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Toyota and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Car insurance rates and discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Rav4 Hybrid insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, daytime running lights, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, driver training, early quote, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, switch companies, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, DriveSense, good student, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, online quote, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, professional/association, ease of repair, multi-car, and type of vehicle.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Colorado Springs car insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Two types of Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
These type of agents work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
Ross Silva Agency – American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-2800 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-7557 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to your policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Rav4 Hybrid resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Rav4 Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid, bail bonds, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, dental work, nursing services and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, fire damage, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Quote more to save more
Low-cost Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)