Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds in Colorado kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by nearly $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
The best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Accord Crosstour coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you're about to learn. Drivers just have to use the quickest method to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Cheap Colorado Springs Honda Accord Crosstour insurance quotes
Getting cheap Honda Accord Crosstour insurance pricing is not rocket science. You just need to take a few minutes comparing rates to find the company with inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to go to insurance agents' offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the professional abilities that only an agent can give. Although, it is possible compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Analysis of coverages
The data table shown next highlights a range of coverage prices for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Learning a little about how car insurance premiums are calculated is important for making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$168||$288||$440||$26||$132||$1,054||$88|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$168||$288||$440||$26||$132||$1,054||$88|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$190||$340||$440||$26||$132||$1,128||$94|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$190||$340||$440||$26||$132||$1,128||$94|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$190||$340||$440||$26||$132||$1,128||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premium rates greatly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Accord Crosstour replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
The Honda Accord Crosstour Insurance Rate Equation
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Rates and your address - Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Rates for guys may be higher - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. They both cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- What's your car's NHTSA crash test rating? - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Honda Accord Crosstour is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies - Some auto insurance companies will give better rates to clients that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to compare other Colorado Springs Accord Crosstour insurance rates to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Insurance loss data for a Honda Accord Crosstour - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the loss history for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Honda Accord Crosstour Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though Colorado Springs Accord Crosstour insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Accord Crosstour, it's most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Honda and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.