It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop rates annually will presumably switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that people who regularly shopped around saved over $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Chevy Bolt insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper Chevy Bolt insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Colorado Springs.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Best companies for Chevy Bolt insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get lower-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Bolt insurance in Colorado Springs.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, driver training, air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for driver training, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, bundle discounts, mature driver, and distant student.
- USAA may have discounts that include annual mileage, safe driver, loyalty savings, new vehicle, and family discount.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly married, exclusive group savings, safety features, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and new move discount.
Check with each company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in every state.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing your policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What if I total my Chevy Bolt and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Bolt?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Colorado Springs insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Colorado Springs may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Dave Karstens Agency Inc.
3225 Templeton Gap Rd Ste 104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80907 – (719) 636-3336 – View Map
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you will want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Colorado Springs independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (303) 974-7676 – View Map
Colorado auto insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Colorado Springs. The ranking information listed below could help you choose which providers to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Budget-conscious Chevy Bolt insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Bolt insurance car insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about insurance is available in the articles below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)