Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to buy auto insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Colorado drivers.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Colorado Springs is why you're here, then knowing the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can help you be more efficient. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to save money without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Colorado Springs is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Consumers just have to understand the tricks to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Colorado Springs car insurance
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Companies that may offer policyholders these discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Local agents and car insurance
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Colorado Springs that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below are agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information for Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
How to find a good Colorado Springs car insurance company
Selecting a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Colorado. The ranking information shown below may help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Esurance - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Titan Insurance - A+
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Shop smart and save
The cheapest Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
How to find cheaper Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Colorado Springs
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Colorado Springs.
- First, gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Don't forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)