Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost Audi A6 insurance in Colorado Springs? No normal person looks forward to buying auto insurance, particularly when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A study discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Audi A6 insurance is your target objective, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
How to find low-cost rates for Audi A6 insurance in Colorado Springs
The best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional ideas to get cheaper rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper A6 coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Big companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in Colorado Springs is quite easy. Vehicle owners just need to learn the quickest way to get comparison rates on the web.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Audi A6 Insurance
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
The following are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Excellent credit means lower premiums – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have bad credit. So if your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your Audi A6 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Audi. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Beginning drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Having a spouse can save on car insurance – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Liability insurance is cheap – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safer vehicles means better car insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Insurance losses for an Audi A6 – Insurers use claims history when setting premium rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Audi A6 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Audi A6 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table shown next outlines estimates of insurance prices for Audi A6 models. Learning how prices are established can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$544||$474||$28||$142||$1,446||$121|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$544||$474||$28||$142||$1,446||$121|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$544||$474||$28||$142||$1,446||$121|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$544||$474||$28||$142||$1,446||$121|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$258||$544||$404||$24||$120||$1,350||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$258||$544||$404||$24||$120||$1,350||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$544||$474||$28||$142||$1,446||$121|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$258||$544||$404||$24||$120||$1,350||$113|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$606||$474||$28||$142||$1,532||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premium rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Audi A6 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on Colorado Springs insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can drive up Audi A6 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Audi A6 but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your A6 more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get lower-cost rates on Audi A6 insurance in Colorado Springs with these insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi A6 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see companies with significant discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Colorado Springs agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 630-7557 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Frequent quotes can save
Budget-conscious Audi A6 insurance can be sourced both online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, so get free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper Audi A6 insurance in Colorado Springs
The recommended way to get budget Audi A6 insurance in Colorado Springs is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Colorado.
First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if cheaper A6 coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)