If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Saturn Ion insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives information to prevent high prices and find additional discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Ion insurance in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding lower prices. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on Saturn Ion insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason you're here, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Colorado Springs is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart buyers only have to learn the proper methods to shop for car insurance online.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don't list every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way. But any discount will bring down your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies that may include most of these discounts are:
If you want affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Finding a lower price on insurance doesn't have to be difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to different Colorado Springs agent offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you want the peace of mind of a local agency. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Colorado, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Saturn Ion Insurance Cost Factors
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
Limits of liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more - The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Tickets are costly - Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Having a single ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Your location is a factor - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Insurance claims cost money - Auto insurance companies in Colorado give the lowest premiums to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Advanced alarm systems - Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Extra policy coverages you don't need - Policies have add-on coverages that can add up on your Ion policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Buying car insurance from Colorado Springs insurance agents
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Colorado Springs who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How long has their agency been in business in Colorado Springs?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Car insurance is not optional in Colorado
Even though Colorado Springs Ion insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Saturn, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheap Saturn Ion insurance in Colorado Springs is possible from both online companies and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce Saturn Ion insurance auto insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)