Are you sick and tired of sacrificing to insure your Saturn every month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other people in Colorado.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates once a year will most likely buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Saturn Astra insurance is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can save money and time.
How to find low-cost rates for Saturn Astra insurance in Colorado Springs
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Colorado Springs is to start comparing prices yearly from companies that insure vehicles in Colorado.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if cheaper Astra coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive promote their brand names with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Colorado vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Colorado Springs insurance discounts for a Saturn Astra
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with better car insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy cost.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, safe driver, good student, driver training, and renewal discount.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, driver training, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
Double check with every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Colorado Springs. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
How to buy Saturn Astra insurance in Colorado Springs
When looking for low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from local Colorado Springs auto insurance companies. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it’s important to also get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Colorado. To buy cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Rates may be lower depending on your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, police officers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than average due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations like farmers, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Liability is cheap – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are responsible for an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most major companies will give lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other Colorado Springs Astra insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
- Proper usage rating affects costs – The more miles you rack up on your Saturn each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Astra may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
When should I talk to an agent?
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is still important in Colorado Springs.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes.
Jeff Schmidt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 – Colorado Springs, CO 80906 – (719) 445-0070 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Colorado
Even though Colorado Springs Astra insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Astra has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saturn for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Saturn Astra insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Colorado Springs can be found on the web and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Steps to finding low-cost Saturn Astra insurance in Colorado Springs
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Saturn Astra insurance in Colorado Springs is to regularly compare prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Colorado.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
More information can be read below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)