Looking for low-cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs? Comparison shopping for low cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs can seem to be challenging for drivers who are new to quoting and comparing prices online. With literally dozens of online companies, it can easily be a real difficult job to locate the lowest rates.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs is your objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best quotes on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the proper way to find lower rates on insurance.
Our goal in writing this article familiarize you with how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you are already insured, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners need to learn how insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
How You Can Control Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
The itemized list below are a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Some car insurance companies provide a discount to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it's in your best interest to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Premiums impacted by your city - Choosing to live in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Colorado areas tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Car features can affect rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Vocation impacts premiums - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as lawyers, executives, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Rates go up with performance - The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from those companies as well.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. To locate cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Grand Prix in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac Grand Prix, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Pontiac. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
You may qualify for discounts for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Professional Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- College Student Discount - Children who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, air bags, accident-free, good driver, and early bird.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for teen driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, student driver, homeowners, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include good student, early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, payment discounts, and new car.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, military active duty, driver training, and seat belt use.
If you need affordable Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer online Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Comparing prices from local Colorado Springs car insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Colorado Springs for you
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Colorado Springs independent agencies who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (303) 974-7676 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ross Silva Agency - American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-2800 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cally O'Donnell
3993 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 596-8800 - View Map
- Dave Beadles - State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 632-5433 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Colorado Springs?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Colorado Springs auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Colorado Springs. The company ratings in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Esurance - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Titan Insurance - A+
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Compare. Compare. Compare.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs can be found on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Colorado Springs auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to get a better price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix rate quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to finding lower priced Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Colorado Springs
The preferred way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)