The recommended way to get low-cost Nissan Sentra insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in Colorado Springs. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Sad but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,810, Colorado drivers can save up to $610 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates online.
Nissan Sentra coverage statistics
The rate table below covers estimates of policy rates for Nissan Sentra models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy rates are calculated can help customers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$226||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,426||$119|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$226||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,426||$119|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$260||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,460||$122|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$260||$762||$396||$24||$118||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence rates considerably.
Seven Tips to Get Cheaper Colorado Springs Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Responsible drivers pay better premiums - Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have multiple citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can raise Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- No policy lapses lowers premiums - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- Drive less and get lower prices - The more you drive your Nissan each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Sentra can cost quite a bit. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven.
- Stay claim-free and save - Auto insurance companies in Colorado award discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford - The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Vehicle risk impacts prices - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Sentra rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Sentra - Insurers use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The next table shows the collected loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Sentra Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Persistent drivers can save
The cheapest Nissan Sentra insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be pretty painless.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)