The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Mitsubishi Raider insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell insurance in Colorado Springs.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Raider coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates regularly saved about $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Colorado Springs is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
Cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. To buy the best car insurance in Colorado, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Raider insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Colorado Springs car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-car, student away at school, save driver, payment discounts, and early quote.
- Nationwide offers discounts including family plan, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, homeowner, mature driver, distant student, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers discounts for good driver, good student, online shopper, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for location of vehicle, annual mileage, type of vehicle, multi-car, ease of repair, age of vehicle, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
The Mitsubishi Raider Insurance Cost Equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
- Better drivers pay the best rates – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Even one citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Continuous insurance coverage lowers insurance rates – Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Youthful drivers cost more – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers have been known to be more careless when driving so insurance rates are higher.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Mitsubishi scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Liability – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Mitsubishi Raider to commute?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Colorado Springs?
If you want a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Lohman
76 S Sierra Madre St b – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 471-9271 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 477-1636 – View Map
- John Youngdahl – State Farm Insurance Agent
600 N Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 475-8787 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to include at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 635-9720 – View Map
- O’Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St – Colorado Springs, CO 80903 – (719) 227-7100 – View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 636-3369 – View Map
If you get good feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Best auto insurance in Colorado Springs
Picking the right company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Colorado Springs. The company rank data below may help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)