If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Mazda CX-5 insurance in Colorado Springs is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Colorado. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and your credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Shocking but true, most consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Colorado drivers could save $610 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
How to get low cost Mazda CX-5 insurance in Colorado Springs, Colorado
It's important to know that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it's important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Colorado. To find cheap auto insurance in Colorado, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mazda vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Colorado overpays more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance for Less
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
High premiums for younger drivers - Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers tend to be inattentive when driving so auto insurance rates are higher.
Never let your auto insurance lapse - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado DMV.
Liability insurance is critical - The liability section of your policy will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Driving citations inflate prices - Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Having a single speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Prices and your address - Living in a small town may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Mazda CX-5 insurance claim data - Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance in Colorado Springs is possible on the web in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)